Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hobbies creations自然的創作


A friend asked how come I have lots creations even I'm occupied in weekly hiking and cycling. I said I have 36 hours a day! Indeed while enjoying outdoor activities I got inspirations for my creations particularly my works are related to nature and landscape. This tunic made just after hiking which reminded my childhood with sister.
朋友問我,又遠足又騎單車還有那麼多創作,我說每天我有36小時!其實在享受我的戶外活動時,大自然給我豐富靈感,踏著單車和遠足路途中撿回的花草樹葉就是創作題材。日前城門水塘遠足終點是我兒時沙田一村莊,我和妹妹在故居村子探索舊日足跡,滄海桑田, 村莊部份已高樓林立, 發展成市鎮,不免更懷念惜日純樸山區生活。 路上拾起風雨打落的鳥巢、花兒樹木,鳥巢盛著易碎的花兒帶回家。我對妹妹説會把那些落花葉子印上布料上給她一件製作,就是這樣我印染及車縫這衣裳,希望她喜歡。

 This is the team we do cycling on Saturdays.

  Our dynamic team started after breakfast........
riding in the field
 Sometimes routes are quite rough in the bushes

 These days lots fallen flowers on the route. Picked some to do experiments.






 With the Lagerstroemia indica (紫薇) and little yellow flowers I done the fabric testing.
 Last Friday our hiking in the mountain where I spent my childhood. 
After heavy rain the Shing Mun reservoir almost filled up.
The undulating mountain reminds our good old days. After the hiking my sister and I spent some more time in the village where our old house located though in ruin.  We can still identified whose houses were nearby and the days of playing in the stream. The bushes then were small are now forests.  No more paddy fields but high rises.  The river is stone-lined and linked with bridge. Part of the village developed into town in decades. Changes and changes while time flies........
On the route found a blown off nest, branches and fallen flowers due to strong typhoon.
  Sad for the birds lost the shelter.   Pity to leave the neat nest on the ground, I picked a few leaves and fragile fallen flowers filled in the nest........I told my sister I would do something with the plants for her.
 Back home with the handful plants I laid out on white woollen fabric then boiled 1.5 hours as learnt from Irit Dulman's techniques.
 Impressive prints on fabric.... Lagerstroemia indica (紫薇) is always my favourite, though not much color the petals with spots and the shape are bold.


To make the background a bit green rather than pale I dipped  in indigo then boiled in turmeric. With the basic pattern from Revital Avidar I made the tunic.


 Both sides with prints and green shades on the bottom
 Sleeve with Lagerstroemia indica (紫薇)
A simple tunic for my sister, made with memories recalled our naive childhood and ........

the nest rest in my garden branch for some more days

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...