Monday, January 11, 2016

Wool felt earthy vase 羊毛氈花瓶


  
Though I immersed so much in eco printing experiments, I can't ignore my fond of wool felt. Took some time to do a wool felt vase this weekend with scraps of my natural printed swatches, I made this one with flat enclosed resist.
Finished it with shots near my studio, listening to the wave........
縱然沉醉植物印染創作, 我不忘對羊毛氈的熱愛, 這日弄一點植物染的碎料與羊毛混混, 做了這瓶子, 在工作室不遠處聽看  「浪 ● 花 」

The wool batt used is Austrian mountain sheep. It's so perfect for 3D creation. Very easy felt and sturdy.  Enclosed the whole resist template, I put 2 layers only with intention to have a side ridge thus a bit extended the side template.

Both sides with my silk scraps of eco prints, one side with a little Romney and Wenslaydale wool fleece for curly look.  This way of nuno felt is to add some textures on the surface.



After rubbing and rolling, cut open the bottle neck, removed the template and inserted a jam jar inside to full the bottle shape. Left the glass jar inside as water holder.

In an hour the vase finished and the flowers breathing in the seashore near my studio.
A wool felt vase with textures of eco prints and wool fleece. 
One side with ridge is to make it not the ordinary one.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...