Sunday, August 3, 2014

Eco-printed fall themed scarf 秋日植物印染絲巾

 We're still in the hot summer but doing something with fall theme is the right time.  This is the botanical printed silk scarf with windfalls scattered..........
 A closer look......... with your imagination.........
 Cows.....
Cats........
 Cows and cats........ yap..... roaming cows and cats in the field.
 The scarf I made with botanical prints of assorted eucalyptus windfalls.

  A few cut the shapes of cows and cats.  That's my theme of fall this year.

 I got some queries about my eco print. I've my way of working.  I use hard paper cores instead of wood sticks . I cut the milk box then roll it firm and wrap with heat resist kitchen cling. To make it longer I will connect two pieces in the middle with rubber band.  I roll up fabric with it and tie first with thick rubber bands followed by sports shoes laces.  Bend  the bundle and tie it firm.  This way the fabric contact is very close with leaves and my tiny used rice cooker accommodates a few bundles.  I usually boil for 1.5 - 2 hours.  The heat resist clings,  rubber bands and paper cores are reusable. 
Botanical printing is very regionalism.  Some leaves give good prints some are not.  With the combination of assorted leaves and skills, a bright tone scarf can still be made.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely scarf Terriea. What puzzles me is the heat resistant cling wrap, I would think it would melt making a mess of things. My experience with the stuff is that it doesn't even hold up when put in a microwave for a short period of time when heating food. We are still in warm weather here. Yesterday it rained all morning and I got to do some of my finishing work. Soon it will be fall and winter. School will be starting and another year will be over. Time sure does fly.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cows and cats frolicking across the scarf - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you cover the leaves with the cling wrap or just the milk carton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, if you want white background, cover with cling wrap.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous as always, Terriea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...