Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nuno felt vest - "Flame" (火焰之物)

Nature is the fountain of inspiration as I always said. I love autumn, love the changing color from green to red and yellow. I recalled my memory of a trip to Hokaido. I visited an art museum and walked through a brush of maples. My felt works sometimes have the elements of mother nature. Although now is in mid summer, hot and so hot, I still hooked with wool felt. Just done this one piece seamless nuno felt vest . My friends always have the queries of whether wearing something of wool is hot. I tried it in 31+ celsius degree. It's not that warm because it's made with the skill of "nuno felt" - wool entangled into silk chiffon. I call this vest "flame".


I tore the colorful silk chiffon in diagonal stripes, laid it with merino wool and mulberry silk over the resist. Then covered it with white silk chiffon and did the rolling and fulling.


It come out shrinkage about 25%

Close up of texture. That's what I wanted.

White merino wool and green mulberry silk are entangled into chiffon.

Just love this effect.

Front and back look.

A Sunday morning in a little sandbar near my studio. I was cheerful in this peaceful spot.

Have a nice day.

9 comments:

  1. that is an amazing piece for sure and you make a lovely model,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Terrie. I see you figured out your template too, very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the colors and the fit is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Terrie!
    I'm so impressed with this top. Very luxurious and young and chic! Thanks for stopping by and commenting the other day. I'm your newest follower and excited to see your next project!
    Best,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love the patterning and enjoyed your little tutorial... I especially like the pattern on the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be proud of yourself wearing your art on. Another amazing piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful and vibrant. I am really keen to try experimenting with using silk like this - thank you for explaining the process.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...